Reserve® Wood Extira®
The look of wood with worry-free upkeepContact us about this product
Enjoy the natural beauty and craftsmanship of an Extira wood door that delivers enduring style and performance
Enjoy the natural beauty and craftsmanship of an Extira wood door that delivers enduring style and performance. Extira is an eco-friendly wood composite that resists moisture, rot and termites. Engineered exclusively for outdoor use, it outperforms MDF and many wood species. Extira carves, routs and fastens like wood, giving you the freedom to create a one-of-a-kind door. Choose from modern, carriage house, or classic panel designs.Download Product Brochure
Paint grade Extira is a patented composite with outstanding strength and dimensional stability. Made from sustainable materials including unused commercial timber and resins, the density and durability of the substrate makes it easy to incorporate custom details like deep V-groove patterns as well as arches and curves. The result is a design that often isn’t possible with other molded materials or steel.
Extira doors are built in three sections, instead of four, allowing for proportionally larger window sizes.
- Handcrafted four-layer construction
- Energy-efficient polystyrene insulation
- Eco-friendly paint grade wood composite made from sustainable materials
- WINDCODE® reinforcement available for high wind load applications. (Learn More)
- Choose an existing Clopay Reserve Wood door style (carriage house, classic panel and modern) or design your own.
- Smooth, consistent surface free of knots and voids often seen in wood
- Square edge profile on base panel and overlays
- Optional windows and decorative hardware.
- Color Blast® factory paint finish only. Extira cannot be stained.
Extira is a patented and proprietary wood composite manufactured from certified ecofriendly materials.
- Contains wood that has no commercial timber value and is the byproduct of other operations.
- Certified by Scientific Certification Systems under certificate number SCS-MC-01802 to contain no added urea-formaldehyde.
- Acknowledged by the California Air Resources Board’s (CARB) Airborne Toxic Control Measure (ATCM) 93120 to use exempt status ultra-low emitting formaldehyde (ULEF) resins.
- Contributes to industry green building programs such as LEED and the National Green Building Standard.
Clopay doors do not contain HFCs and comply with these environmental laws and regulations.
- California SB 1013
- Washington HB 1112 – Hydrofluorocarbon Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Canadian regulations amending the ozone-depleting substances and halocarbon alternatives regulations
- New Jersey A-5583/S-3919 – Greenhouse Gas Bill
BASE FACE MATERIAL
Reserve Semi Custom REC13
Reserve Semi Custom REC14
RESERVE SEMI CUSTOM SQ23
Reserve Semi Custom SQ24
ARCH3 RESERVE LE
ARCH4 RESERVE LE
ARCH13 RESERVE LE
ARCH14 RESERVE LE
MODERN ALUMINUM INLAY
Extira® doors are built to the same exacting standards as all Clopay custom wood doors. We use a Hemlock wood frame for strength and durability, then wrap and band it to keep moisture out. The interior face of the door is finished with a smooth Luan backer and can be painted to match the exterior.
- Built with a 4-layer polystyrene insulated construction with a 5.9 R-value
- Unique one-piece drip cap design keeps water from flowing behind grooved overlays for improved durability and moisture resistance
- Premium grade hardware, rollers and track assure a smooth, quiet, long-lasting operation
- Standard bottom vinyl weatherseal helps seal against the elements. Additional protection will be provided with an optional aluminum retainer.
- Color Blast doors arrive primed, painted and ready to install with a worry-free two-year warranty
Calculated garage door section R-value is in accordance with DASMA TDS-163.